Sunday, May 12, 2013

Two hours ago I was living the normal adult life of a day-to-day grind. I had put my 8 hours in and I could finally go home. I said my 'See you tomorrow's and got into my car. Then I got fired.

I read an article the other day that had images of famous people who faced opposition or failed at some point in their lives. Walt Disney was fired for lacking imagination, Marilyn Monroe was told she wasn't pretty enough to be an actress, Albert Einstein was labelled as mentally handicapped as a child. All of these people were told no, – that they weren't good enough, that the grand plans they had for their lives weren't going to happen. But it made them work harder and become more focused on their dreams.

So that's how I'm looking at this situation. One moment in my life where the rug was pulled out from under me. Was I really truly enjoying my job? Not at all. Was I grateful to have it? Of course. But years from now when I'm looking back, I'll hopefully see this time as the bump in my road. The thing that catapulted me into my great idea/job/life. Or maybe not. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment